Thursday, September 10, 2026

Running notes

Running notes:

3.2 miles in 42 minutes.

I was on the second-to-last stretch when an SUV that was traveling in the opposite direction that I was running slowed down and stopped. The window opened. There were two wholesome, modestly clad, young women in the SUV. They were wearing name tags.

I paused my stop-watch. 

I asked "Are you with the Latter Day Saints?"

"Yes we are" the driver replied.

"You've heard of us?" the passenger exclaimed, surprised. 

We chatted for more than ten minutes. They are a credit to their church. 

I changed the oil in the truck today

That was a work-ticket that kept sinking to the bottom of the stack for a week.

Inspection

The inspector for the construction work is scheduled to show up some time today.

We will see if it happens. I am holding off on the major repair to the landscaping until after that happens.

Quicksilver is growing by leaps and bounds

There were some new three year-olds at play-date today. They are tiny!

QS was that small and timid not that long ago.

Catbirds and small fruits

I was in the bathroom and looking out the window when I saw one of the grape vines shaking. Having nothing better to do, I watched until I could see what was doing it.

It was the catbird that had been nesting by the raspberries beneath the persimmon tree.

Suddenly, it clicked in my head. SHE was why the grapes and raspberries and even many of the mulberries were disappearing as soon as they started to show color. 

Mushrooms

Southern Belle gifted us with a big box of mushrooms. I don't know how they fell into her hands, but they were commercially grown mushrooms.

So, part of my day was spent sauteing them in butter and putting them into small, snap-top plastic containers for freezing.

I will be making applesauce in the near future. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty damned good day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy QS - as you know, the transitions from 3 to 13 to 23 com at you fast.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.