The group play-dates are starting back up for Quicksilver. Being a country-girl and having very few kids her age near-by, this seems like the most efficient way to socialize her.
The boys were in the sand-box using the diggers. The girls, who outnumbered the boys by 5:1, were on the merry-go-round and the castle-themed slides gabbing like a flock of laying hens. Nobody told them. That is where the gravity pulled them.
Then I had an evil thought. Fake jewels and coins can be purchased on Amazon for a pittance.
I expect those young fellows would get a lot of feminine company if it became known that the sandbox was filled with "drip". If I can't have peace-and-quiet, I don't know why they should.Nightmare
I dreamed that I had to give a speech in front of hostile people RIGHT NOW. I tried to make an outline and the paper was wet. There were chickens in the car and I was invited to eat breakfast as I walked toward the venue as the paper shredded under the pen.
Technical oddity
The technician replaced the filter on our furnace with a different brand two weeks ago. The unit started whistling and moaning when the A/C kicked on.
We called the firm and he came back. He deduced that it was due to the filter. I suspect that the pleats collapsed due to the absence of the wire mesh that supports the pleats in "normal" filters. When the pleats are not collapsed, the area of the filter-media that the air can flow through is about 4X the width-times-length of the filter for a 2" filter. If the pleats collapse then it is 1X and the fan cannot pull enough air through it to keep the evaporator from icing and it makes horrible sucking sounds.
The failure cascades as inadequate air-flow causes the evaporator heat exchanger to ice up and shuts off flow.
The tech didn't have filters of any other brand with him. We dismissed him and drove to the hardware store to purchase what we needed.
The "self-supported" filters without the wire mesh might be fine for larger fliters like 20x20" but was a total failure in the 14"x20" model.
I expect that the HVAC company will switch back to the traditional, wire-mesh supported filters. They cannot afford unhappy customers.
Lifting report
Usual warm-up. Two sets of 205. Two sets of 225. It was a chore to finish the last set.
The session was notable because there were seven other lifters who drifted through their routines while I was there and none of them were wearing ear-buds.
I tried the Aloha protein bars and they were more than edible. I will try the Perfect bars next time.



If you can eat protein bars without lower GI distress, more power to you. The sugar alcohols they all have give me skid marks. There is one brand, Nulla, which doesn't have them, but it's around $3.50 for a very small bar. I'm going to try to make my own pemmican instead.
ReplyDeleteConsider leaving dried, powdered milk out of your home-made protein bars. Many of us stop being able to digest lactose as we age and dried, skim milk is 50% lactose by weight. Whey PROTEIN powder is probably much safer. You can estimate the amount of lactose in the powder by looking at the nutrition info. ( 1- (grams of protein/grams of serving)) is a reasonable estimate of the amount of lactose in the protein powder.
DeleteSo you're gonna salt the sandbox??? That's just flat out mean...
ReplyDeleteLife is full of disappointments. I grew up thinking that I would be able to buy crates of hand-grenades from the Acme Manufacturing mail-order catalogue.
DeleteThey will get over it.
I'm waiting for Rosie to take Astro for a walk for me.
DeleteGRANDPA'S sandbox is always worth mining. Garage sale bling, odd tools for the boys, anything shiny and 'valuable'. Keeps them occupied for literally hours. It's a biiig box,
ReplyDeleteA little East of Paris
For what is is worth, I have not had particular GI issues with whey - although to be fair, I usually mix it in with something else and have a single protein bar a day.
ReplyDeleteSocializing the littles is always a plus. It does help set them up for later life! And that is a neat idea...LOL
ReplyDeleteThe last 3M filter I bought was undersized for the actual filter box. Apparently they are reducing size to save cost....the newer ones have foam.strips on the outside to meet the filter box dimensions.
ReplyDeleteDiffer
If you install a filter and the center bows inwards when the blower is on, the media is too dense for the unit. I have been using polyflow (polyester batting style) filters (no pleat or grid) for 20 years and the air ducts are pristine. The best benefit of these is you can purchase a case (dozen) from the HVAC wholesale warehouse for around $ 50.00 bucks. (I use 20x20 and 14x12).
ReplyDelete