"Mamma’s boys. You could tell right away who were the Mamma’s boys were", he nearly spat out of his mouth with disgust. Being young and naïve we asked how and he said"they’re the ones that died first".
A five minute read. You might still be thinking about it five weeks later.
A lot was packed in that short story. The realization that the Will to Survive is a huge factor whether or not you make it to the end.
ReplyDeleteIt is my belief that the piece is not fiction. It is a recounting of a conversation that the writer participated in, to the best of his memory.
DeleteWar is hell, doesn't cover it. Now that I'm 75, I'm beginning to realize how much "I don't know, what I don't know."
ReplyDeleteWhen the "troubles" come, I doubt that I'll last all that long. I've got plenty of ammo to get deaded. My faith these days, is in Christ Jesus, not a rifle or preps. It's not like we can evade the Fickle Finger of Fate (Armageddon).