Wednesday, March 27, 2024

This and that

Woodchucks

I threw some "books" of damp straw over the woodchuck holes that are closest to my garden.

I saw the freshly dug earth first and then verified that the straw had been pushed aside.

Appropriate measures have been put into place.

Where did March go?

I lifted weights yesterday. The last rep of the last set was a struggle.

I looked at our wall calendar when I got home and didn't see any notes on it about lifting weights any day during March. Did I really miss more than three weeks of lifting? If so, it is no wonder that I lost strength.

I am dragging today due to delayed onset muscle soreness.

Pepper seeds

25 Stocky Red Roaster are potted, 10 Aji Mango, 6 Golden Cayenne.

Thanks to the readers who suggested Guajillo peppers. I have them on the heat mat. I also purchased some Kashmiri peppers and harvested the seeds from ten, selected peppers. I will see if any of those seeds germinate.

Marinating chicken in yogurt-based marinade

Search "Kashmiri mirch tandoori chicken" This came out of an air-fryer

I am giving it a whirl. We have lots of garlic greens and chives. I have Key Lime juice in the fridge.


2 comments:

  1. I wish I'd found my uncle's machined gopher traps - they took a 20 gauge shotgun shell. Gopher, snake, woodchuck - gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. piles of dry chocolate powder for those varmints

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.