Saturday, June 22, 2024

Stone-Cold-Killer (of Poison Ivy)

Today's mission was to go out to The Property and spray Poison Ivy. I put four gallons through the sprayer.

I started spraying at 9:30 AM and was done by 10:30. Rain is predicted for 10PM so the active ingredients will have 12 hours to soak in. The label says that the product is "rain fast" after four hours, so I should be good-to-go.

Two of the three ingredients are "ester" formulations which are much better at penetrating the waxy cuticle than the "amide" formulations. So far, Gordon's Brush Killer has been an impressive product.

I need to wait about a week and touch-up where I missed. There is a LOT of Poison Ivy in places where people will be.

There is an old shooting bench on the property and a 108 yard range with markers at 25 yards, 50 yards and 108 yards. The bench was wobbly and I added some bracing to it. Portable generators are a blessing!

In case you haven't guessed, one of my compensations for improving the property is that I already have permission to hunt it.

Bonus Video

Hat-tip Lucas


5 comments:

  1. RAIN !!!!!!!!!!!
    We've been promised rain every day for 2 weeks and have had ZIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait! Are you telling me that weathermen are now politicians?

      Delete
  2. Yhanks for the tip on herbicides. We've got weeds here that laugh at Weed-B-Gon. The only thing that clobbers them is RoundUp, and that's no-no on the lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needed to send this along before I forget...seems like your kinda guy...Tom Brown, Clemmons, NC (336) 766-5842. Hobby is "Finding 'Lost' apple varieties". He has supposedly identified around 1200...

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a walk through the forest without being bothered by mosquitos, I always bring a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.