Burning brush
![]() |
| Early |
![]() |
| Moon in background behind trees |
Marketing channels
I informed Mrs ERJ that I had contacted my nephews and nieces and asked them if they wanted any potatoes. She asked me how many had responded. I told her "Two."
She asked if I had contacted my nephew's wives. I said "No."
Mrs ERJ does not have a dramatic bone in her body. She asked "Do you mind if I call them?"
"I think that is a great idea" I replied. To my way of thinking, I would be disrespectful if I went over my nephew's heads and contacted their spouses. However, there is nothing wrong with two executives on the same level of the org-chart reaching out and making contact.
Fifteen minutes later...."Brooke and Kristin both want potatoes".
Well, that was easy!
Empathy without discernment
My mind still boggles when women get shit-on by guys and then they take the same POS back after six months.
In more civilized times, loving family members of the woman could have a discussion with the creep, with pick-handles if warranted, and resolve the matter. Nothing too damaging the first time the discussion was had, just deep muscle bruises.
Olive burger
Seth Caphart MD channel
Visualize Aesop (the blogger at Raconteur Report), send him to charm school, then to Medical School. Picture him with a very dry sense of humor and add 150 grams of humility.
Three sample videos
The last five exercises I would give up
How to survive a tough day after a bad night of sleep (and how to not repeat the cycle of bad-sleep
A Biblical passage on "prepping"
“The Kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. The foolish ones, when taking their lamps, brought no oil with them,
but the wise brought flasks of oil with their lamps. Since the bridegroom was long delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep. At midnight, there was a cry, ‘Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins got up and trimmed their lamps. The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise ones replied, ‘No, for there may not be enough for us and you. Go instead to the merchants and buy some for yourselves.’
While they went off to buy it, the bridegroom came and those who were ready went into the wedding feast with him. Then the door was locked. Afterwards the other virgins came and said, ‘Lord, Lord, open the door for us!’ But he said in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, I do not know you.’ Therefore, stay awake, for you know neither the day nor the hour.” -From Matthew 25
While Jesus is speaking about salvation in the spiritual sense, he is using the reality of being prepared in the physical sense as springboard for this parable. He accepts as a given that people who are prepared for foreseeable events are "wise" and to not be prepared and to trust your fate to the generosity of those who are prepared as "foolish".
Furthermore, he implies that those who prepared do not have a moral imperative to share with the foolish.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.