Monday, August 17, 2026

Chalk that up to "Practice"

Yesterday, I replaced the battery in a wristwatch.

I opened it up about a week ago. It required LA1130 or 389 batteries. I could spend $5 locally to buy a single battery or purchase on-line and spend $3.99 to get ten. So I bought on-line. 

The batteries showed up yesterday. I opened up the heavy-duty, gallon, zip-lock baggie that I had stored the disassembled watch in. Then I went to work.

Everything went as well as can be expected. I lost one of the four screws that held the back on. That was in spite of using a ceramic donut magnet to hold them.

Miraculously, I found that tiny screw on the carpet. The screw was about 1/8" long and I need tweezers to hold them upright while starting them with the microscopic Philips screwdriver.

The watch face illuminates. All the buttons worked....

and that is when I noticed that the buckle hardware that is supposed to be on  one end of the wristband was not there.

I guess we can chalk that one up to "Practice". I still have 9 batteries.

Summer is winding down

Some spinach seedlings.

The last several days have been misty and hazy. Nothing is drying out. The grass keeps growing.

Our biggest project of the summer (should) be wrapped up this week. After that, I can turn my attention to maintaining the deer stands. 

I expect to start seeing more of Quicksilver this week.

Random tip

This showed up in our church bulletin. This tip is probably most valuable for people who are living alone. We used to carry lists in our wallet/purse of the prescriptions (brand-name, chemical name, dosage, frequency) for each of our kids. One of our boys was a frequent-flier in terms of E-Room visits and having a legible list the staff can photocopy saves time and aggravation.

Today's Work-ticket

Run 2 miles (stretch goal 3 miles)

Help Southern Belle move some furniture

Lift

Purchase 1/2 yard fill sand

Mow some of the yard if the grass dries out

Pull some weeds

I am 99% sure that I am not going to get all of these done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.