Thursday, July 23, 2026

Good work is a gift to the worker

Some days were made for working.

God made yesterday to be exactly that kind of day.

Temperatures started out in the mid-50s and topped out in the mid-70s (Fahrenheit).

I got to everything on the list of work-tickets except weeding the potato patch and I have it on good authority that they are still patiently waiting for me. 

Good work. The right kind. The right amount.

I started at 7:00 and tapped-out at 3:00. The last two hours were spent cutting and splitting Honey Locust. I don't cut much wood during the growing season and was surprised by how sappy and sticky the wood felt as I carried the raw pieces to the wood pile.

Beets after deer ate their leaves.

Radish seeds popping up

Root suckers from a St Julien plum. I have a collar filled with potting soil around them in hopes of them throwing roots.

Yesterday's harvest of tomatoes. Total for the year is 177 grams. Still pretty rough looking. These fruit came from the bottom of the plants. They are still within range of slugs and duck bills.

Comic relief

 

1 comment:

  1. There is something satisfying about a day of work that a great deal gets done.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.