Saturday, July 25, 2026

Moving forward, sometimes slowly but moving nevertheless

I underperformed on work-tickets yesterday

The trip to the gym went well but left me wrung out. When I was in PT after an auto accident, the PT people informed me that the number of repetitions is less important than the time-under-tension.

Taking that into the weight room, I slowly float the weight off the floor, hold it for two or three breaths at lock-out and then I slowly float it down to gently kiss the floor before floating it back up. I figure about ten seconds per rep.

I was rushing a little bit through my last set because I could feel myself running out of gas.

Then we had a visitor who, it turned out, was camping at our house waiting for somebody to call them back.

I got the cabbage planted.

I got one hour of weeding done. And then I nicked my finger. I went into the house and scrubbed the cut and stopped the bleeding. By then, my behind had grown roots and I could not pull myself out of the recliner.

End result: Only half the goal for weeding and no wood cut and split.

Some days are like that.

Today's work-tickets

I have a volunteer to work in the Upper Orchard burning brush. That means I will be doing other things there.

I will lug water to the baby trees, move bigger wood to the side of the orchard where a neighbor will collect it for firewood. I might even get to mulching some of the trees and broadcasting turnip seeds beneath the trees.

If I am feeling peppy when I get home I will do some more weeding in the potato patch. 

1 comment:

  1. Getting older is a lot of work. It takes me twice as long to get half as much done anymore. And that's on a good day. --ken

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.