Wednesday, July 29, 2026

A little bit of older music

Whether you liked the music or not, there were certain songs and movies that were iconic and captured some of the zaniness of the age. Contrary to what today's SJW kill-joys would have you believe, we were supported body-positivity even back then.

We could even poke a little bit of fun at ourselves. 


 The Bertha Butt Boogie (long)

Fat Bottomed Girls (make the rocking world go round)

And we celebrated other cultures

King Tut
 

Walk like an Egyptian

Construction update

Contractors will be on the property today. We might have to drop the power for an extended period. If so, posting will be light.

The main item on today's work-tickets is to stay out of their way while remaining available. 

8 comments:

  1. For a different take on 'Walk Like an Egyptian', try this one...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS0P7w4YCDI&list=RDPS0P7w4YCDI&start_radio=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also have a pretty good rendition of 'Milkshake', if you're into that genre of music...

      Delete
    2. The original "black betty" will blow your mind. Ram Jam did a great cover (the version we all know), but the 1/4 tempo field recording from back-in-the-day is pretty amazing if you ever get to hear it. I heard it once on an great old-blues show on Jazz90.1 (used to be every Sunday at 6pm, I was so hooked on that show).

      Delete
    3. Ooooh, it still plays! Great programming folks, check it out!!

      https://sundayblues.org/

      Delete
  2. I remember these songs, ERJ. And did not think a thing of them other than to enjoy them. Now we pour content and meaning into almost everything, or at least perceived content and meaning. We are not the richer for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe Tex, I Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does Quicksilver think of these songs? I assume they were part of her music lessons😁. I bet she’d like them.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.