The contractors came-and-went yesterday.
One of the members of the crew lives north of Sparta, Michigan and commutes every working day to the south side of Brighton, Michigan. It is 140 miles, one-way and an honest two hours time when the weather is good and there are no accidents or construction.
Today's first job (mine) took him half-way back toward home. The next job will take him into the city of Detroit. From there he had to return to the south side of Brighton to drop off his equipment and then drive back home. He has ten grandchildren and likes to play golf. He carries a 9mm handgun.
Another member of the crew has a young child of about 6 months. His child is colicky and not eating well. The doctor finally sorted out the issues and surgery is required. That member of the crew is sleep-deprived.
A third member of the crew only works for "the boss" three days a week. He has his own business. Most bosses would not put up with that situation but this guy is an absolute artist with heavy equipment and they schedule jobs around his availability.
MOSTLY, I didn't try to help them. MOSTLY, I was successful.
The boss sets the tone. He was still in-transit when the first two guys showed up. I went out and greeted them. The first guy who I described was on the phone with the boss.
They started the job (i.e. working) before he showed up, which I considered pretty amazing. That is evidence of a level of trust that can develop when the same people work together over a period of time.
Other than NOT HELPING, I didn't do anything productive all day.
Today's work-tickets
I am not going to lift at the gym today. I am woefully behind in pulling weeds.
I intend to get in three hours pulling/cutting weeds.
I intend to cut the grass and move brush for an additional hour.
Core Strength
This video is long and boring and mentions a number of exercises that I never heard of.
The link should pop you into the video at their #1 choice for improving core strength and it was something I understood.
Farmer's Carry is their #1 choice. Also known as "Lugging buckets of water in the orchard".
No comments:
Post a Comment
Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.