Friday, August 11, 2023

The cattle are moved to the new paddock

The great news is that Southern Belle accepted the assignment of finding a stock trailer and a butcher shop to process our steer. That is a huge monkey off my back.

Paddocks

I got the fencing around the new paddock "good enough" and moved the three beef animals. They seem very content to be there.

High society

By an accident of birth, I was invited to a wedding that I could not say "No" to.

I will be hobnobbing with toffs, swells, punters, sports and dandies. " 'Tis better to keep one's mouth shut and let people think you are a boob than to open it and remove all doubt."

I feel a bit like a stage extra or a NPC. Blogging will be light this weekend.

A few pictures from around the property

Deadon cabbage in the foreground, zinnias in the mid-ground and corn in extreme background. Weeds everywhere. I was given the assignment to grow flowers for the wedding.

Bunching onions (Allium fistulosum) seedlings

First flight of Romaine Lettuce

Branch of a hazelnut bush. The squirrels are starting to cut the nuts suggesting that they are probably ripe enough to harvest for seed. So I need to get hopping and pick the ones I want to propagate.

Trailman crabs, a zinnia and one of the books that Mrs ERJ is reading. Trailman crab is an edible crab that survived the Flats of Fairbanks and -65F temperatures. That is one very tough apple tree.

Trust in news media

According to a survey of 1500 adults

Thirty-eight media outlets are regarded as more trustworthy by Democrats than by Republicans while five media outlets are regarded as more reliable by Republicans than by Democrats.

The reason I find this interesting is because Progressives insist that the news media is firmly in the hands of the Right Wing. If this were so, wouldn't those numbers 38:5 be reversed?

7 comments:

  1. Best of luck at the wedding, ERJ. I find that if I pre-plan some generic topics, like weather or general family history or some thing I did recently, it goes better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Trailman' is, hands-down, the tastiest apple I have ever had occasion to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make 100USD /hr while I’m traveling the world. Last week I worked on my laptop in Rome, Monti Carlo and finally Paris… w2 This week I’m back in the USA. All I do are easy tasks from this one cool site.
    Check it out on this site Click It........ Google USD Work Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything the left says, believe the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quit taking the Wichita Eagle paper because of their unwavering support on all things bad and evil in the Country.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.