Monday, September 18, 2023

Getting the monkeys off my back

Today was a productive day.

I was able to transport a pile of "scrap" to our local recycler. Mrs ERJ was concerned that it was growing roots.

I installed a door-and-lock-set over at Sprites. It was not my best work but it was not my worst. She paid me with a jar of instant coffee. Yes, I know. I am a heathen for drinking the stuff.

I found and fixed a short in the cattle fence.

Mrs ERJ fiddled with our vehicle insurance and that will result in our saving significant amounts of money.

I caught a woodchuck in a 160 body-grip (sometimes improperly called a "Conibear") trap this morning. I walked by it while it was still wiggling so I could have harvested the critter for meat. But I didn't.

It was a very productive Monday!

Mentioned in passing

"Gowain": Gawain -derived from the Welch word for Hawk-, also known in many other forms and spellings, is a character in Arthurian legend...In the early Welsh texts, Gawain is portrayed as a formidable but courteous and compassionate warrior, fiercely loyal to his king and his family. He is known as a friend to young knights, a defender of the poor and the unfortunate, and as the "Maidens' Knight", a rescuer of women as well  -Wikipedia

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very productive day.

    Also - Instant coffee? To quote the Inquisitors of Warhammer 40K, "Heresy!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's not too personal, can you give us the insurance company your wife used? I'm looking at changing my insurance. I've been with the same company for over 40 years. It's good but the rates are way high.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.