Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Wednesday Fishing Report

I showed up at the designated fishing hole without a rod, pole or anything. I thought I would chat with Shotgun while he smoked his See-gar and I swatted mosquitoes.

Life has been busy. It turns out that the property that I was asked to manage has a riding mower (23 horsepower!!!). What a beast. Two-and-a-half hours in the seat of a mower is worlds different than pushing a mower for the same amount of time. Almost 65 years-old and I finally land the equivalent of an office job!

But still, I just didn't have it in me to go fishing.

Shotgun kept pulling in whopper female bluegills and sunfish that were gravid with roe. He kept cussing and throwing them back into the lake. He was fishing for a runt to use as cut bait.

I bet he pulled in a dandy panfish every two minutes. He could not even pause long enough to light his See-gar.

I bet he will be complaining about having sore arms and wrists tomorrow.

Stinker!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was Shotgun using for bait?

    We used to catch Crappie and Bluegill on 1/2 oz, lead head feather jigs. Get on a school and you couldn't pull them in fast enough.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.