Tuesday, June 22, 2021

The switch to Brave

I have been running Brave as my browser for the last week or so.

The biggest complaint is it botches the comments in my blog. I try to reply and it crashes. Something about not clearing the form after submitting. I can run CCleaner and submit ONE comment before it locks up again.

It really sucks to write a long, detailed reply to a comment only to have the comment fly off into the ether.

A minor complaint is I that I don't know how to do add-ins. I had a search engine box on my Firefox header and I used it a lot. I have not figured out how to add that to my header(s) in Brave.

Brave is a usable browser but it isn't what I am used to.

3 comments:

  1. I ran it for a while. Found it inconvenient.
    Just got a notice that they are having issues keeping development up because of finances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave is a Chromium browser, which means it uses the Google web store for extensions. You can get to it by clicking on the 3-line "menu" icon in the top right, then selecting "Browser Extensions" and clicking on "Web Store". Or you can go here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions

    As far as searching, you can simply type what you're looking for in the URL bar. Brave will use whatever search engine you designate for the search and give you the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have had my "pearls of wisdom"(cough,snort,choke),when replying to the occasional post disappear I have found that while a P.I.T.A. using the copy function saves me from having to try to recreate a post. It does not save me from cursing a blue streak. ymmv

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.