Monday, June 14, 2021

I didn't see that coming

Kubota brought a girl home to "meet the parents".

For the most part, I try not to write very much about my kids. They deserve their own lives. They deserve privacy as they feel their way through life. They don't need the burden of having their stubbed toes and zits shared by one of southeastern Eaton County's most famous bloggers.

Frankly, I did not see this coming.

It must have been her idea. I am 99.999% sure that Kubota would not willingly introduce us. One hint were the words "Don't embarrass me" he said with a desperately, pleading tone.

Just like my children, the young lady also merits privacy. I will share that she is not a snow-flake. She rode the bus to high-school even as a senior. Her family was the second stop on the route on the way in and it was an hour ride, each way.

She likes BIG animals and is working the summer in general construction.

And she seems genuinely fond of Kubota.

7 comments:

  1. Come on. You gotta be making that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which part? That I (sometimes) embarrass my kids?

      Delete
    2. :)

      she is not a snow-flake. She rode the bus to high-school even as a senior. Her family was the second stop on the route on the way in and it was an hour ride, each way.
      She likes BIG animals and is working the summer in general construction.

      Delete
  2. My father who was a very funny guy, before he brought my mother to meet his parents, told his mother, my grandmother, that you couldn't believe a word that my mother said b because she was such a big liar. And he told my mother that his mother, a teetotaler, drank a lot. My mother was from a family that never drank, ever. My mom, and HIS mom were both very nervous at the meeting. My dad laughed his ass off though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, not Michigan's most famous blogger, and not Eaton County's most famous blogger, and also not Southeastern Eaton County's most famous blogger, but "ONE OF Southeastern Eaton County's most famous bloggers".

    ERJ, you crack me up with your modesty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I'll be you were blindsided! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son tells me that at the wedding, his bride will say "I thought you were an orphan!" I guess he intends to invite us.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.