Short notice Liquidation sale. Ends this evening.
Cash-flow issues are probably the #1 cause of businesses failing. Buying items in bulk because of the huge discount and "I will use them someday" bites a lot of business owners. Part of the issue is that if you need to generate cash, you get pennies back on what you originally paid when you try to resell them on secondary markets.






Anyone can fall victim of forgetting that cash flow and/or income is king.
ReplyDeleteAccording to https://www.headset.io/markets/michigan#history, cannabis prices in Michigan are collapsing and are only 1/3 the per-unit price of Illinois. I think we are looking at a saturated market. It is tough to run a business when your "models" predicted a profit margin that reality falls far short of.
DeleteIt's illegal in the state I live in, but they ship it over from nearby states where it is legal. I'm paying less today for premium product than I used to pay for the worst mexican brick weed... And that's not even touching inflation!
DeleteA local store opened that bought returned goods from Amazon by the truck load. Some things were broken but much of the inventory was just sized incorrectly or returned for no good reason. You could get a good deal there from time to time.
ReplyDeleteThe store stayed open for almost a year before being seized by the DEA and the IRS. It seems it was a big front to launder drug money.