Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Fine Art Tuesday

 

"Angels of Holy Hill". Do you see the angels?

Don Kloetzke was born in Oshkosh, Wisconsin in 1951 and died in 2023.

His father was in the military and he lived in many different locations throughout his childhood but retained a special affection for Wisconsin's outdoors and the Green Bay Packers.

His paintings are notable for their detail and highly believable backgrounds. 






P.S. The angels in the first image are "Snow Angels" left by children in the snow, right-foreground.
 

8 comments:

  1. The deer paintings are stunning. I’d be happy to have those in my house.
    Southern NH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find his work at prices between $30 and $200 https://www.prints.com/art.php/Don_Kloetzke/?artist_id=2232

      They might be slightly cheaper on eBay.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this artist, his work is.....brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hang any of those in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Looks like here. Thanks, Joe. ---ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, ERJ. Thanks as always for keeping the tradition alive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was amazed when I moved to So KY how many people never made a snow angel. I could not let that stand.

    You would probably enjoy Ned Smith's artwork. He illustrated the PA Game News for years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you done Terry Redlin yet? (Yep I’ll probably keep asking). Kinda newish here so may have missed it if you did in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.