Friday, April 7, 2023

Good news/bad news

The good news is that schizophrenia can be identified by word-patterns at the conversation, sentence and word-choice level that can (probably) be caught by coding.

For example, social media platforms could parse the language in posts and deplatform the "crazy" people to break their self-reinforcing loops. You know, "crazy people" like school shooters.

The bad news

The word patterns that are described are uncomfortably close to those displayed by the people we continue to elect to high-office:

  • Word salad
  • Disorganized
  • Difficulty speaking spontaneously
  • Compressed content lacking normal transition words and adjectives
  • Going off the rails and chasing tangents
  • Pauses and then topic changes
  • Welding words together in non-conventional ways
  • Groping for common words
  • Echoing words

Other signs of disorganized thought processes are

  • atypical communication patterns
  • responding externally to internal thoughts (laughing to yourself, speaking to yourself)
  • purposeless movements
  • agitation
  • inappropriate behaviors
  • disheveled appearance
  • decreased reactivity and engagement with the environment
  • unpredictable or repetitive movements
  • mimicking
  • poor concentration

I wonder how many of these characteristics we would see in the "manifesto" that is being withheld from the public.

I am guessing at least a few, plus paranoia, grandiosity and identifying the people, movements and writings that inspired its violence. A lot of LGBTQRPS groups seem to be terrified that the manifesto(s) will be released. I wonder what kind of cookie-cutter or templates of manifestos are floating around in their corner of the universe and who/what they point back to.

11 comments:

  1. Might be me just projecting because I am a schizophrenic, but plenty in that list looks like old age from where I sit.

    Ps: The meanest curse I know is "May you live long enough to know all the various joys of the aging process."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. ERJ's blog post describes most folks I've met online and in the flesh. I'll have to ask the old dude who appears in the mirror what he thinks about all of this.
    /JZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xiden and Harris to a T!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all very entertaining but psychology is not a science. It's witch doctoring at best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 95% of psychology is witch doctoring at best.

      But the other 5% makes the world function:
      -Classical and operant conditioning.
      -Brain cells that fire together, wire together
      -Repetitions make the master
      -Salience heuristic
      -Anchoring and adjustment heuristic
      -Inability to perform Bayesian statistics in our heads
      -Discounting dry, digital data and amplifying vivid, emotional data.

      Several others but I think you get the drift.

      Delete
  5. This may just be a useful project for AI and internet bots.

    Of course, if that were implemented, it would be immediately used against conservatives by the commies on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any "manifesto" released now regarding the wacko in Nashville should simply be regarded as more state sponsored bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made over $700 per day using my mobile in part time. I recently got my 5th paycheck of $19632 and all i was doing is to copy and paste work online. this home work makes me able to generate more cash daily easily simple to do work and regular income from this are just superb. Here what i am doing.

    Try now this site.......................>>> USA ONLINE WORK

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think, I can never earn over which I paid by my precedent employer, but I was wrong, y world is so large to try their fate. but now I am making $52/h even more,and easily earn minimum $1300/week, on the experience everyone must try to do work online, easy way to earn, here’s an example Click Here..... Everyone Can Online Earn

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.