Tuesday, July 21, 2026

When the train jumps off the tracks...

Yesterday's work-tickets dropped like flies. Well, at least the first two did.

I elongated the holes in the frame of the Troy-Bilt tiller. It turned out that I only needed about 3mm to get the belt squared away. I guess that when the shafts are very close together, it doesn't take much misalignment to make them look horrible.

I added the gear lube and let it sit nose-up for 20 minutes to ensure that the lube flowed all the way back to the tiller/tines. Yes, it says to do that in the manual.

I got the cabbage sprayed for cabbage-loopers.

And then...and then....

Mrs ERJ pointed out a branch from our Honey Locust that shades the south half of the garage. The branch extends 35 feet from the tree trunk to the west end of the garage

Yep, that is a problem.
She called my attention to the split.

I started trimming branches from the far end but quickly ran out of length to my pole saw.

I suggested that I should purchase a fall-harness, lanyard and rope and work from the roof of the garage.

She "suggested" that there are some jobs that are best handled by professionals with truck-mounted cherry-pickers.

It was not an argument I was willing to pursue.

She worked her magic with the phone.

Paul pulled into our driveway at 8:52 a.m.

I was a little slow to start taking pictures. He is almost done.


The last chunk he removed

Width

A good view of the split

He was gone by 9:55 a.m.

I am very proud of myself. I didn't give him any advice at all.

Highly recommended for tree work. 

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Great job indeed!
    Paul looks like the kinda guy that knows his way around a chainsaw.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.