Where the stories start...

Monday, September 7, 2026

I want to write this down before I forget

One of the best things about cooler weather is the fact that nobody really cares if your socks don't match when you are wearing long slacks.

It needed to be said. 

5 comments:

  1. That's fine around here, but if I am running to town I check, dont want to give the paramedics a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My solution to this thorny issue is to simple own two different kinds of socks of very different colours. A mismatch is virtually impossible unless I lose my ability to differentiate between the colours white and black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My solution to this is a dozen of Cabelas Grey thick socks. Everything else went out the door. Over the past few years I've had to resupply as a few holes appeared. Simplified my life getting dressed when the lights aren't full bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I standardized on white. But then I needed compression socks.

      And now different length of white socks keep appearing in the drawer. When did Walmart start offering four different heights of white socks?

      Delete
  4. My best friend growing up used to just throw all of his sock in a drawer instead of pairing them. Any two socks he randomly pulled out of the drawer was what he wore for the day. That was back when everything turned bright hippy colors, too. Regardless of his socks quirk he was the best friend a guy could ever hope to have.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.