![]() |
| Growing Degree Days b50 by year, Charlotte, Michigan as-of August 19 |
2026 is one of the warmer years but not a +3 Sigma event but a +1.2 Sigma event.
It is silly to even talk about standard deviations with this swath of data because people automatically jump to percentiles in their head.
![]() |
| Data plotted lowest-to-highest temperatures. 2026 value highlighted with yellow background. |
This is not what data from "Normal" or "Bell-shaped" curves looks like.
That kind of data generally has nearly vertical ends and a large horizontal middle region. I am just not seeing it.
The strongest statement I can make is that this year has been warmer-than-typical for my region but it is will within what a fruit or vegetable grower should anticipate.


People get all wound up about climate change. I call BS! I've seen hotter summers and colder winters. It's the weather and it's cyclical. Maybe I'm just a cynical old man but if the climate doomsayers really believed their hypothetical model they wouldn't be traveling the way they do. And they wouldn't be living in the middle of their massive carbon footprint... People live their beliefs. That's why devout Christians preach to people and donate funds and contend with sin and temptation. It's why greedy people are never satisfied with enough money but keep chasing more. It's why Muslims and other fanatics do what they do... People live their beliefs. So when the climate change hucksters start yapping I start looking at their lifestyle. And hiding my valuables...
ReplyDelete