Where the stories start...

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Fine Art Tuesday

Berndt Lindholm was born in Finland in 1841. He died in 1914.

His painting depict scenes where life is spread very thinly: Stony beaches, rocks covered with moss, cows foraging in forests devoid of grass, clear water.

It is a world of hard-scrabble living and a society that does not tolerate slackers or conmen. 










2 comments:

  1. Kinda looks like some areas around here in the Keweenaw. I can see why the people that came over from there liked it here. ---ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your Tuesday postings, even though I'm definitely not an art person.

    Best part is discovering the wonderful vibrant colors that the artists captured back then. I thought everything before the late 1930's was in black and white.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.